My current interest is in digitizing the sense of touch. The dream is to enable to touch and feel remote and digital objects. This involves research in Haptics, Robotics, and Computer Vision, with focus on:
- Creating digital representations for objects that reconstruct physical properties, such as structure, surface texture and material hardness.
- Developing haptic feedback devices to enable interaction with virtual objects.
- Vice Dean for Graduate Studies, Technion/ECE
- General chair: CVPR’21, ECCV’22
- Program chair: CVPR’16, ICCV’27
- Area chair: CVPR’10 ECCV’12 CVPR’13 CVPR’14 ECCV’14 CVPR’15 CVPR’18
- Co-Organizer: Computational Video seminar, Dagstuhl, Oct. 2010
- Author Advocate: ACM MM 2020
- Assoc. Editor IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI), Feb.2014-Jan.2018