I am a professor in the Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Technion, Israel.
Visit the Computer Graphics & Multimedia lab to learn more about our group.
WHAT I DO
My current interest is in digitizing the sense of touch. The dream is to enable to touch and feel remote and digital objects. This involves research in Haptics, Robotics, and Computer Vision, with focus on:
- Creating digital representations for objects that reconstruct physical properties, such as structure, surface texture and material hardness.
- Developing haptic feedback devices to enable interaction with virtual objects.
- General chair: CVPR’21, ECCV’22
- Program chair: CVPR’16, ICCV’27
- Area chair: CVPR’10 ECCV’12 CVPR’13 CVPR’14 ECCV’14 CVPR’15 CVPR’18
- Co-Organizer: Computational Video seminar, Dagstuhl, Oct. 2010
- Author Advocate: ACM MM 2020
- Assoc. Editor IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI), Feb.2014-Jan.2018
- My YouTube channel
- Interview with Technion International about my role as General Manager of Alibaba/DAMO/Israel (link)
- Interview with Calcalist CTech about opening an r&d center for Alibaba in Israel (link)